A Summary of Dissertation Submitted The Faculty of of Ain Shams in fulfillment for my Master Degree of Hospital Management.
1 Research Problem
The problem of this research is to study knowledge management as an approach to improve health care services quality, in addition, examine the relationship, impact of applying concepts and practices of knowledge management on the health care services quality.
Provide answers to the following issues:
- Introduce the factors of knowledge management that available in the academic hospital sector.
- To what extend this factors are available in hospital the study focuses on?
- What is the role of knowledge management in improving the health care services?
- Is there a significant relationship between knowledge management and health care quality?
2 Research Objectives
The research aims to:
- Identify knowledge management dimensions.
- Define the relationship between knowledge management and health care quality.
3 Research hypotheses
This research was design to test the following hypotheses:
- There're no significant differences within employees regarding their perceptions of knowledge management factors.
- There're no significant differences within customers regarding their perceptions of health care quality dimensions.
- There's no significant relationship between knowledge management factors and health care quality dimensions dimensions.
4 Research Methodology
The research methodology is represented by the following:
a) In the theoretical framework the research uses:
- Books in both languages: English and Arabic.
- Publications, conferences, periodicals, web pages, that available in both languages: English and Arabic.
b) An applied study that carried on academic hospitals.
5 Research Plan
The research consists of following chapters:
- Chapter one: Study framework.
- Chapter tow: Strategies and processes of Knowledge management.
- Chapter three: The health care quality.
- Chapter four: The applied study.
- Chapter five: Results and recommendations.
6 Research results
- First hypothesis was partly approved. So, there are significant differences within employees regarding their perceptions of knowledge management factors.
- Second hypothesis was partly approved. So, there are significant differences within customers regarding their perceptions of health care quality dimensions.
- There is a relationship between knowledge management factors and health care quality dimensions.
- It’s important for hospitals to manage its employee’s knowledge, because it’s considered as real wealth.
- Hospitals should care about customers' satisfaction towards their services.
- It’s vital for hospitals to study successful trails of other hospitals.
- Keep up to date with new technologies and equipment in the service sector.
- Taking care of the social aspects of the knowledge, whether at individual level or group level.
- Make sure to develop the individuals' explicit knowledge by providing periodicals, magazines, and other publications in the service sector.